Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Another Beautiful Day

It's February. Winter isn't over, but spring is getting closer. It stays light longer and that always gives me more energy.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I have been working on getting my food storage up to where it should be. I have found some wonderful blogs (which I will be sharing with you). I have learned so much. One of the things most of them agree on is that you need to inventory your food storage so you know what you have and what you need to get. Well, I did that Saturday. It took me all day long. It was a lot of work, but it didn't seem like it was that hard. I took everything out and cleaned off the shelves. Then I counted everything and put it back in nice neat rows. I'll have to take a picture and show you how good everything looks. I checked out my bags of wheat and got them organized so I knew how much I had. I got all my sugar in the same place. Anyway, everything is neat and counted so I can move on to step two. By the time I got done Saturday night I was in serious pain. I had lifted and stooped and bent and bent and stooped and lifted until my body was screaming, "You fool!!! You're not a spring chicken!!! You should have done this in a couple of tries." Sunday was awful. It was a good thing I just had to sit at Church and at home watching the Super Bowl. Today I'm doing a lot better. I never have been good at taking care of myself. I decide to do something and I go for it. It just doesn't work as good as it used to.

I took "Buffy" to the vet today to get her spayed. I don't think she was too happy. She was crying by the time I left. I don't know if she'll cuddle with me tonight or not. She wasn't too happy with me. She is changing color. She was black and now she's turning salt and pepper. I need to clip her again. Her fur is growing out quite a bit. I know!! I know!! I'll have to take a picture of her too and include it in my next post.

I am going to try canning my own chicken and hamburger. One of the blogs I have read says I should have beef too. It sounds pretty easy. I just have to watch for good sales and get to work.

Tony and Camille are going to have a baby. He called Saturday night and told us. It was pretty exciting. They are good parents and Simon needs a brother or sister. It will be a while before we know which, but I thought I would get everyone excited.

Cameron and Dallin want us to go to California in April. Dallin will become a deacon and I would love to be there for that. He is a very special young man.

Cameron turned "40" on January 20th. You'll have to check out their blog to see all the pictures. Rebecca did such a good job. He is so lucky to have her. She is an excellent wife and mother.

Their family went to Disneyland and several other places just after the 1st of the year. They had so much fun!!! I wish I could have been there to see everyone and how they reacted to the rides and such. But Rebecca did a great job of sharing everything with us on the blog.

Angela got a different shift and is very excited about that. It will be a lot better for her family.

Matt is having a birthday party for Chandler on Sunday. It should be fun.

Allison and Scott are so happy. It is fun to watch them together. They have so much in common and they treat each other so good. It is the answer to a mother's prayer to see her so happy.

I haven't heard much from Shawn and Amy lately. Amy had some pipes freeze at her house and had to come up and take care of that. She's in school now and is very busy. Shawn is always working and is always busy too. They both have partners that they really appreciate.

If you haven't checked out Nikki's blog you need to. She had pictures of Mia and Mason jumping around in tubs that just made me laugh. As a matter of fact I still pull them up and watch them every once and a while.

It seems like everyone is doing fine.

I hope you are all fine and are doing well. Keep the faith and I'll talk to all of you later.

1 comment:

Vintage Confections said...

Congratulations on your positive outlook to weight loss. I, too, struggle with weight. Not in extremes but certainly could stand to lose the last of my baby weight (which is only going on two years old now...)

I don't have a lot of excuses...but excuses no less.

Heather