Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a Great Summer

It rained and rained and rained. Several of us were considering getting together and building an ark. It got to be a bit depressing. I had a wonderful experience to look forward to though. Jeff and I were going to have four of our grandkids with us for the summer.

That day finally came. I went down to Holladay to go to the hospital with Mikayla and her family for a check-up. She passed with flying colors. I had lunch with Allison and the kids and then Allison went back to work and Taylor, Mikayla, and I headed to West Jordan to pick up Braden and Trevor. We got all their stuff in the car somehow and headed for Mink Creek. Then the fun began. We stopped at Smith & Edwards to put a flyer on the board about the Open House. Trevor fell in love. He keeps bugging me to go back down there. He's a character!! We stopped in Logan and got a couple of pepperoni pizzas at Pizza Hut. They were almost all gone by the time we got home. I would ask Braden for a piece of pizza and he would take a bite out of it and then give it to me. We were having so much fun. My sides hurt from laughing by the time we got home. The cousins were having such a good time together and telling each other funny stories and singing and just having fun. We got everybody settled and they went up to the ranch to see what was going on.

They go to work every morning but Sunday at 7:30am. They get up at 7:00, get dressed, have breakfast, and go over to Richard's to start their day. They had to get horses ready for the open house when they first got here. They worked with the foals getting them ready to show. Some got kicked now and then. Foals are little but they pack a punch. There were some bruises, but no serious injuries. It just made the kids a bit more aware and careful around the little critters. They practiced riding for the gait demo too. They had a lot to do to get ready for the open house.

June 20, 2009, came and the open house began. It was great!! We worried about the weather, but for the most part it was a perfect day.

I'm going to get some pictures together and finish this later this evening or tomorrow. Just remember this: I'm the luckiest grandma in the world. I have wonderful grandkids and they are spending the summer with Jeff and I. Life couldn't get any better.


1 comment:

FishinFamily said...

I'm not sure what language this posted in but I'd love a translation. =)